The Company regards the management of health and safety as an integral part of its business and as such is seen as one of our Premier Values – Leading Safety. Health and Safety is a business value which is integrated throughout all of our operations. All activities shall be carried out in accordance with legislation, in a safe manner and will establish and evaluate as appropriate, processes and practices to ensure the health, safety and welfare of our employees and of any other persons who may be affected by our activities.
Focus areas for the business throughout 2020 and beyond is to:
- Promote leadership, communication and engagement to improve workplace health and safety.
- Actively promote the Premier Values of People First, Leading Safety and Solution Focused.
- Promote behavioural safety and a culture of actively caring – brother’s keeper and a no blame culture – if you see something, say something.
- Make Health and Safety personal by relaunching ‘I Work Safe’ across the business.
- Promote physical health, fitness and well-being of all staff including health hazards and that these are suitably controlled to prevent harm.
- Develop IT (Premas1s and H&S Portal) to further enhance and improve the management and communication on all aspects of health and safety.
If these focus areas are implemented effectively, Premier is confident it can contribute greatly to our goal of achieving a working environment which is free of work-related accidents and ill-health. Individually we can all contribute to health and safety through teamwork and together we can achieve Zero Accidents.
The Senior Management of Premier Forecourts and Construction recognise good effective management of health and safety contributes to successful business performance. The Directors of Premier Forecourts and Construction acknowledge their responsibility for successful implementation of the health and safety policy and for promoting continuous improvement in line with our Premier Values.
All employees are encouraged to look out for each other (actively caring) and actively contribute towards achieving a work environment that is free of accidents and ill health. This policy statement will be communicated to all employees and key stakeholders.
Steve Evans, Premier Forecourts and Construction Managing Director, June 2020